Sunday 3 February 2013

New visitors my current Health status


You may have noticed I have not been active in BABCP and all the groups (see full list in introduction) matters this year. You also may have already heard the reason why. I am afraid to report I am not a well man. The full story is described in a blog I have started and you might find it helpful to read the background this also limits me from having to repeat the full tale for the umpteenth time which is an emotional rollercoaster

You can comment on the blog by subscribing according to the instructions .This is standard blog practice & I try to respond as I explain in the introduction.

This is in the public domain so you are welcome to pass the details onto whoever might be interested/need to know. Naturally I am having to deal with a great deal of uncertainty and adjustment and you will see from the blog I am deploying much of what I have learnt over the last thirty five years. Mindfulness and yoga being particularly of benefit. I feel reasonably strong both physically and mentally and aim to get back to work in some role and equally with as many of my normal activities (BABCP included). Sadly I have a mandatory two year ban on driving just for being diagnosed with a brain tumour (in case I had an acute reaction and caused a crash. This is a massive loss and an unfair, unneeded burden on Anne who was ever a reluctant driver. Talk about rubbing salt in the wound. I plead innocent milord', which may well be extended subject to treatment 

Contacting me. I try and respond to comments made on the blog asap. For Work related matters (clinical) messages can be relayed through either Newmarket Community Mental Health Team( CMHT) tel: 01638 55860 or Bury CMHT 01284 775250 .

I am taking each moment at a time and have not' formally' drawn up 'bucket list' preferring instead to maintain some normality for the present, the suggestion of going “sports car”(I could see myself behind the wheel of something where is not for the imposed driving ban by  DVLA status! I am in receipt of bucket loads of support and well wishes from family, friends and colleagues as you will garner from the blog. I am much humbled and valuing every moment .The headaches and visual disturbances have all but subsided for which I am relieved.

NH 2013-02-02

10 comments:

  1. dear neil, my latest message was directed at the problem you mention about how to get about. as you know i am retired and by all acounts have been a safe driver for over 60 years (famous last words). if i can in any way ease the pressure on "anne the driver", long runs to work or short trips around cambridge, remember 328745 when you make your plans. only condition is that i receive proper instruction about what to do if something suddenly happens to you, so that you will at least be safer than on a train, coach or bus.

    much love to you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Paul
      many thanks for the offer of lifts.I will convey to Anne along with the reassurance about your competence behind the wheel.as for advice on responding to 'sudden happenings'-open the door and make me walk/put your foot down and head to A&E and tell the office 'brain tumor emergency'!

      Delete
    2. there is also the small matter of the scan lunch that had to be cancelled. let us know if and when
      p

      Delete
    3. Now that I am back on the bike Anne AND I will be able to indulge so lunch in Newnham is looking highly attractive ,you might fancy a pint along with myself and a few friends (male).I will send a Facebook message with the details

      Delete
    4. sorry about the poor pun but that was in fact the reason why the lunch was cancelled. so fine,if, as and when you are able. we shall have to make a different arrangement about transport as inebriated people are liable to fall foul of the law when in charge of a bike. at least a friend got spoken to by the local policeman when tipsy in charge of a horse, but then the horse was also full of stirrup cup.
      good news again about nhs for me, abdominal aortic screening confirmed "within the norm". sounds great with the pint, havent been in a pub since osborne eat a cornish pasty, but i am not on facebook or if i am i have forgotton what to do. like i dont know how to reply to your blog except as menesius, have no idea how that came about. anyway, yours in confusion, with much love to you all from us
      charlotte and paul

      Delete
    5. I will ring Tuesday about i) Pub ii)Lunch

      Delete
    6. thanks to a message from felix i was able to find my way back to facebook so you need not phone. all being well i shall be there.
      paul

      Delete
    7. see you tomorrow after 19:30hrs

      Delete
  2. Dammit man this is exactly the time when you needed that false identity! I'm sure I know a man who knows a man and there are plenty of old WW2 airfields to go play on! Illegitimi non carborundum and all that jazz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. a visitor brought some Greek hours-d'ourves yesterday so the 'donkeys milk was out'for the first time.very nice .thank you again.

      Delete