Tuesday 8 January 2013

Medical Matters

None of this section is going to be good news therefore most of you had best skip or avoid completely.

Please treat this with some caution and with respect and do not share or use unnecessarily .
Remember, I have a wife ,children ,family, friends,colleagues ,all of whom are having to cope  with their own varying levels of distress and grief.
 Several  people are interested in the specifics of the condition I have and I will try to share sensibly.I mean no harm.

By posting in this way, I hope to minimize having to repeatedly share this in other forums (phone,letter,email face to face etc) which is emotionally & physically draining & will be selective in doing this so as to preserve the well-being of others and myself.

This is tricky as inevitably the information is open to many interpretations and meanings.  Use your common sense and a measured ,moderate approach at all times.

 There is plenty of helpful & useful resources available to use for exploring further. I personally like the www.macmillan.org.uk webpage for cancer related information ,however you will all have you personal choices. Consider your support network before embarking on your own . Discuss with friends and support networks  before hand including those available on line through reliable and established forums.

Main Diagnosis: abnormal swelling in the cerebrum ? benign/malignant tumor. After CT & MRI scan 'no malignancy identified within the chest,abdomen or pelvis,suggesting that the lesions are more likely to represent multifocal blastoma rather than metastases'.

Multiple heterogeneously enhancing tumors in the right cerebral hemisphere,the largest extending from the right frontal white matter into the body of the corpus callosum.  MRI shows additional enhancing lesions in the right parieto -occipital region
I will not be providing further updates on the specific medical status until after the results of biopsy and histology witch I understand will be about a week following when treatment options and prognosis will begin to clarify.(shifting sands)Notwithstanding any developments on this . The uncertainty WILL REMAIN FOR AS LONG AS I AM BREATHING

REMEMBER. I am in the hands of world class professionals and our much appreciated NHS.Its still early days & I am taking each moment,hour,day,week at a time.
As Jon Kabat -Zinn reminds (see earlier for reference) From a Mindfulness Perspective,

AS LONG AS I AM BREATHING THERE IS MORE RIGHT WITH ME THAN WRONG (WHATEVER THE CONDITION)

NH 17/1/3



No comments:

Post a Comment