Tuesday 8 January 2013

What Inspired This Blog:Mid Stafffordshire (Francis Report)


So there I was lying in my hospital bed watching all this marvellous care and activity, and one of my fellow patients, who happened to be elderly, frail, confused, incontinent, demanding, lonely, and probably frightened, was in receipt of the most amazing care conceivable. He was treated with dignity, respect, and everything you would want to happen to your mother, father or grandparent. Faultless. I could hear every word which was said, and every procedure which was undertaken. And within a split second, my radio broadcast some slating of the NHS from wherever (as of course must be reported: there is no excuse for poor care and these failings must be reported). However, the criticism was so incongruent with my personal experience on this and so many other occasions that I was shocked, and I wept at the unfairness to all those hardworking and dedicated people. Hence this blog.

It’s good to feel human, and connected to my fellow humans.

2 comments:

  1. looking to hearing via this blog about some positive #NHcare stories to counteract the media's negativity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping to see via this blog some positive #NHscare/treatment stories to counteract the media's need fore headline negativity

    ReplyDelete