Tuesday 8 January 2013

The build up

This was fairly short  and I roughly estimate began about 4-6 weeks prior to Christmas though have been under stress for a few years.
 After all, I am working in the NHS which as you all know is going through  massive change fulled by a) 'the need to save money':£20 billion or about 20% of total budget b) massive restructuring with a move to bottom up commissioning rather than centralized c) Changes in Staff conditions etc.

 This has been in the public domain for a number of years and widely considered & I cannot possibly go into the pros and cons,rights or wrongs of this policy in this blog..This is up to you to do find out for yourselves and act accordingly.

Never the less, this inevitably causes stress in the system as does all change and many people   working and those unable to work across public service and in other places of work are bearing the brunt. Our elected representatives will no doubt be doing there best for our country and all its citizens. I wish them all well whatever their political persuasion, I believe we have more in common than we allow ourselves to find out.

NHS changes aside; My job as a clinician working with individuals with serious mental health problems including severe -extreme depression ,psychosis ,Bipolar Affective Disorder [BAD or manic depression] and Personality disorders (PD) is challenging ,however I have always regarded it as rewarding and a privilege and thank all the clients [patients,users ] I have worked with over the years.Who knows, if I recover I will continue in this in some shape or form.
In November 2012 I experienced a bereavement of a kind & loving friend
Christmas & New year build up is often stressful- I really think this needs to alter
I am also a husband to Anne who has a challenging role in her job

PLEASE BE ASSURED I KNOW THAT A LARGE MAJORITY OF PEOPLE ARE EQUALLY SUFFERING AT THIS TIME IN OUR COUNTRY -PLANET & HAVE LESS SUPPORT AND PRIVILEGE THAN ME.

NH 8/1/13



No comments:

Post a Comment